Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Breaking News - Wisteria Buds Sighted

Buds have been sighted on my wisteria! I can't believe it. The last time it bloomed was in 2002. I had almost given up on it. I must thank the blogger (who's name I cannot remember) who described how she pruned her wisteria. I went out and pruned mine and voila! I can't wait to show everyone the flowers. I'm so excited.

Here is my serviceberry in full bloom. It is finally getting to a good size.

The ajuga has come into bloom in the rock garden along with the phlox. Just behind it I am noticing the chives which I think I will put on my salad tonight. (good thing I took this picture or I might not have noticed) The catmint in the background is just starting and will put on quite a show in a day or two.

These are some little Lady's Mantle seedling which I dug up from the garden. They will either be gifts or end up as filler in some pots on my deck. I think I'm going to dig up some more. They are all over the place.

Codie - need I say more.

3 comments:

  1. How did you get your wisteria to bloom? Mine are 4 years old and no blooms yet! Help! You can contact me at julie.cecconi@fastsigns.com, or respond to this and I will check back later!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a video that describes exactly how to prune your wisteria. I wish you success.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmgNSWoPgY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Thank you! Before I saw your picture, I didn't even know what a whisteria bud looked like!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...