Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring...Where are you?

This is what mother nature brought me today. A winter storm warning! How can Environment Canada put out a winter storm warning when it is spring? Shouldn't it be called a spring storm warning? I need to look into that....
So I sit here today looking out onto freezing rain. All the schools are canceled and the children remain inside when they should be outside playing ball and running around the yard and I should be "playing" in the garden. 

This is what it looks like outside my window.




This is what it looked like last year three weeks earlier in March.

 The hellebore was showing it's beauty.

 The lungwart was showing off it's colour variations.

 The primrose was showing off it's abundant blooms.

 The scilla was beautiful with it's delicate flowers.

Finally the hyacinth was showing the promise of blooms to come.

Will we ever see this again? I am beginning to wonder.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...